Webinar: Establishing an Effective Neurodiversity Employment Program
Please join Duane Morris for a webinar on Establishing an Effective Neurodiversity Employment Program: Legal Issues
Powered by Microsoft, SAP and Duane Morris LLP, in conjunction with Autism Speaks
When: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 | 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
About the Program
In 2013, SAP established its Autism at Work program, a structured program to hire and retain adults on the autism spectrum. In the years since, the SAP program has grown and other major employers have established their own Autism at Work programs, including Microsoft, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Freddie Mac, Ford, EY and DXC Technologies. These six employers and SAP also recently formed an Autism at Work Employer Roundtable. Further, more than 50 other U.S. employers have programs in various stages of development. Encouragingly, a recent Autism at Work summit hosted by Microsoft brought companies from throughout the country.
For companies interested in developing an Autism at Work or related neurodiversity program, there are some legal issues that need to be addressed. In this one-hour webinar, Duane Morris attorneys James Brown, Michael Bernick and Linda Hollinshead, along with SAP attorney Deborah Dee, will discuss the key legal issues in establishing an effective employment program for adults with autism and other neurodiverse conditions.
- Main elements of the Autism at Work programs and their importance in current autism employment dynamics.
- Overview of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act and their relation to the Autism at Work programs.
- Structuring hiring processes in Autism at Work and related neurodiversity employment programs to meet legal guidelines for equal opportunity and privacy.
- Structuring job coaches, mentors and other support to meet equal treatment guidelines.
- Integrating Autism at Work program structures with ADA requirements of reasonable accommodations.
- Structuring evaluation and progressive discipline processes in line with evolving ADA requirements.
About Duane Morris
Duane Morris LLP, a law firm with more than 800 attorneys in offices across the United States and internationally, is asked by a broad array of clients to provide innovative solutions to today’s legal and business challenges.